Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Need a New Phone


I have bad luck with phones. They just die on me. My current phone is in a state that is somewhere between life and death, a zombie-like netherworld of undead dropped calls and inexplicable battery failures. It has to go ASAP. I need to buy a new phone, and I dont want to switch from Sprint/Nextel. I have to say, as horrifically bad as their phones are, the service is incredibly reliable here in the NYC area. So I need a phone that will work on their network, which means its "unlocked" or whatever.

And, I dont want a freaking iPhone. No! I wont do it. Everyone I know has one and all they do is tell me to get one. Obviously it must suck! In Japan, nobody uses iPhones because they have technology thats like 6-18 months ahead of what we get here in the US, and they want cool features like a TV tuner, Wifi VOIP and video recording.

So, I want a sweet ass phone that would make Shigeru Miyamoto shed tears of joy. maybe you can help me research it. I checked out the HTC Touch Pro 2, and that looks pretty sweet. But Im not sure it can make my cheeseburgers medium rare. Im picky like that. So, any help in selecting a replacement for my undead nightmare would be greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

His Noodly Appendage said...

Why did you get me started on this?

The HTCs seems cool, especially the android ones, but ive never actually seen one so who knows.

The Panasonic P905i looks pretty sweet. Check out this YouTube demo. No touchscreen, but it has some sort of tv capability.

I'm sure I'll find something else shortly.

Anonymous said...

Hmm get one that you can shoot a laser beam from and then put a zap zap ring tone on it. That's the next thing for phones - laser beams.

Anonymous said...

You are in luck!

http://www.surpassinfinity.com/sdp/417156/4/pd-2297306/2250122-1151457.html

The future has arrived.

His Noodly Appendage said...

Mobile phone/Laser pen/Dual SIM/Bluetooth/two Camera/2.6inch V8

Wow it even has a tiny V8 pretty impressive

His Noodly Appendage said...

The HTC doesn't have multi-touch capabilities yet, I'll probably wait for their second gen android phone.

Chronic said...

Cell Phones suck I hate all of them. Im going back to a landline FTW.