Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Breaking Controllers







So, this week I broke another 360 controller. It was a wired one, like I almost always use, because they are so much lighter weight than the wireless ones. Im not keeping track, but I know I sent a bunch of broken ones to MD to make arcade sticks with, and I still have a few, plus this one. Definitely 6 or 7 Xbox 360 controllers, although several of them were MadCatz 360 Pro controllers which were of dubious build quality before I got my hands of death on them. The normal Microsoft controllers, I dropped a couple of them until the shoulder buttons died, and my cat chewed one's cord into infinity. Other than that I just wear them out until they stop functioning in one way or another.

I thought this was normal but apparently after to talking to some gamers, I do have a bad problem with breaking controllers, at least for someone who doesnt smash or throw them. James Bond 007 told me he was still on his first 360 controller, which I still dont believe. Maybe I just have bad luck. All I know is, if someone ever tries to design an unbreakable controller, send it to me first. At least I wont cheat and use my Level 3 Dragon Sword on it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

People play tennis, golf, baseball, cricket, snooker and they all have to keep buying new things as they get worn out and broken. Except Bond, he must have the delicate hands of a cheese sculptor!

Anonymous said...

Some of Bond's work

Chronic said...

wow that some excellent cheese sculpting! never knew bond was so talented.... lol

md galaxy said...

yeah i think you sent me about 37 controllers. All had battered thumbsticks and abused triggers. You are a maniac with those things man!

Anonymous said...

HAHA. I have thrown and smashed this beautiful piece of equipment more than I can count and it has been with me for years. I have cracked and split open the controller charger on the back of it and that's what usually gets the impact, I've been through a few of those. I once tried the new controller for an hour but I didn't like the feel of it. It had weird bumps and letters on it.

Anonymous said...

cool blog

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Sports Net