Tuesday, April 7, 2009

AVGN: Metal Gear

I remember the pain I went through trying to beat this game. This was back before the internet, when all we had was some hints from Nintendo Power magazine and maybe tips from your friend who knew a kid who might have beaten the game. Just trying to get past the dogs took me weeks. By the end of the game, I had a notebook with at least 20 of those ridiculously long double cypher encrypted codes. Really, I think about half the time I spent with Metal Gear was transcribing and entering those damn codes. Kids these days, now they have it soo easy. Quick saves, autosaves, regenerating health.

"We had to walk uphill to school both ways back in the day I tell you! Both ways!"

1 comment:

Chronic said...

The new intro is AWESOME. Epic guitar work.

Some classic quotes, including:

"You bunny fucking bitch, Im coming over Im gonna kill ya!"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIN