Monday, November 16, 2009

The Ballad of Gay Tony GT Review


So I have been playing the new GTA IV DLC over the past few days and I have to say its awesome, and everything the first DLC wasnt. The story and the characters fit with Liberty City perfectly. The writing is still top notch. While Im very disappointed that people who download the new DLC dont get the exclusive Vice City radio station that owners of the $40 retail Liberty City Stories do, other than that I have to say its easy to recommend this to anyone who enjoyed GTA IV. The new weapons, vehicles and base jumping modes all add up to a ton of fun, and I havent even checked it out online in freeplay mode yet. Hopefully, I will finish the DLC in the next few days and we can get to the online parachuting and helicopter battles ASAP. Ill see you at the top of the Statue of Liberty!

3 comments:

md galaxy said...

I lost interest in TLATD content. It just didn't keep me interested enough to retry tough missions. So of course I'm reluctant to download this one. I want to like it, but I'm just unsure.

Darth said...

We getting Arab money... We getting Arab money...

Chronic said...

Darth, I kid you not, I was driving around the streets of Brooklyn today singing that song. Im shouting it out in the car, people on the streets are looking at me like Im totally insane.

MD, dont hesitate, this DLC is gold I tell you. Gold! Although if you arent good at flying the helis some missions might annoy you. It jacks up the mission intensity right from the start, there arent any "warm up" missions per se, which makes the whole thing even better. If you liked GTA IV dont hesitate as this DLC is every bit as good as the original game.