Monday, October 1, 2012

Tokyo Jungle



I was having a conversation with my Dad once when I called something "very unique." He interrupted me and said; "Something cant be very unique. It is either unique or it isnt." Its hard not to think back to that error in usage when I see a game like Tokyo Jungle. Its like one of those game ideas you have in your head, that you probably only talk to your friends about when you are really high, that everyone says "yeah that would make for an awesome game!!!" - but you know it has 99.999999999% chance of never getting made.

The "story" is beyond preposterous. The graphics have been referred to as "disgraceful." The gameplay is grindingly addictive and the concept is simply genius: Grand Theft Hippo... Metal Deer Solid... Fallout: Pomeranian. Whether the game is tremendous fun for you or a little too weird depends on what you want out of a videogame.

4 comments:

Darth said...

Oh wow, I could see myself play this.

Chronic said...

I played some last night, its pretty cool but actually a lot harder than I thought. Finding food is a constant worry and I died of starvation a few times, trapped between barren streets and a pack of wolves or cougars. You have to reproduce quickly and then immediately explore new territory with your offspring to keep the chain going. Im going to keep playing and try to unlock some stuff, the game definitely has some potential.

md said...

I... I don't even... what the...?

*brain implodes*

Darth said...

Not sure if it's a game worth buying a PS3 over... but then again, MGS4...