Monday, August 4, 2008
Castle Crashers Gameplay
OK, so I have heard some significant hype regarding the upcoming XBLA game Castle Crashers, and I had no clue what it was all about. So, Ive checked it out, and it looks like this is going to be yet another winner for XBLA this summer. Its a hand drawn hack n' slash action RPG with upgradable weapons and skills, all playable with 4 person coop over Xbox Live, developed by Behemoth, the creators of Alien Hominid.
Check out these features:
* Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock new combos and magical attacks as your character progresses through the game. You have an almost limitless amount of combos to perform alone, or with a group of friends.
* Arena mode: This mode allows players to battle each other head-on with four unique modes to choose from!
* Experience system: As you fight your way through the various levels of Castle Crashers, your character gains more experience points that will in return give you the option to adjust your four main stats -- Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
* Weapons weapons weapons! Each player has the ability to unlock more than 40 weapons.
* Animal orbs: These little companions add enhancements to your attributes. Each pet has different abilities to benefit you, with various ways of unlocking each one. Defeat a boss and steal his companion, dig them up, or buy them at a store.
* Treasure hunt: Unlockable items, weapons, pet companions, and characters are buried throughout the various levels of Castle Crashers.
* Stores: Spread across the various worlds of Castle Crashers, every store has specific items to sell. Collect gold from killing enemies, finding treasures, or opening chests, then take your collected gold to these stores for some weapons, items, character unlocks, and more!